In 2016, when we began examining the market for Modiglianis, we noticed that the market was poised for a change.
None of the high-line auction houses were selling Modiglianis that were not listed in Cheroni’s catalogue raissonne. There were, however, several hundred paintings-not listed in Cheroni-that were authentic but had been held for investment for decades. The owners of these paintings were ready to enter the market.
There is light at the end of the tunnel, and we will use our skills, experience and network to assist you to maximize the sale price of your masterpiece. Please call us at (312) 870-5430 or eMail us at for more information.
Dan Voelker, Founder of The Modigliani Consultancy
Our founder, Daniel J. Voelker, is an attorney and CPA and a forensic historian. Dan has many multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements under his belt. He has written several ground-breaking articles that have appeared in publications world-wide:
- Modigliani: New Authentication Projects May Explode Global Collecting Market
- “It Ain’t So, Kid, It Just Ain’t So:” History’s Apology to “Shoeless” Joe Jackson, Charles Comiskey and Chicago’s Black Sox
- Will the Real James Bond, please stand up? Voelker on Rubirosa
- Christopher Columbus Lawsuits: A legal assessment
- Legal Lessons from World’s Longest Running Litigation: The Lawsuits of Christopher Columbus
Modigliani Expert Services
Dan is a student and aficionado of Modigliani and is well-versed in the steps that one needs to jump through to successfully bring a Modigliani to market. From authentication, provenance, marketing, photography, logistics, transport, sale and related tasks, you are in good hands with The Modigliani Consultancy.